Bok S. Lee
Ms. Lee has represented the Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) for over 10 years in numerous Ex-Im Bank supported and direct financing transactions for Boeing, Gulfstream and Cessna aircraft, Sikorsky and AgustaWestland helicopters, spare engines and other transportation-related equipment. Transactions have involved a variety of structures, including capital markets offerings, French and Italian tax leases, and finance and operating leases, for commercial airlines, helicopter operators and leasing companies based in Brazil, Canada, China, Ethiopia, Ireland, Japan, Morocco and Turkey. Ms. Lee has also assisted Ex-Im Bank with a broad range of portfolio management issues, including restructurings due to changes in local tax regimes, re-registration of aircraft, subleasing of aircraft and insurance settlements.
In addition to her aircraft finance practice, Ms. Lee has extensive experience in cross-border transactions in a vast array of sectors including microfinance, satellite and telecommunications. Ms. Lee has represented microfinance organizations in their transformation from not-for-profit organizations to regulated financial institutions in multiple jurisdictions, including Iraq, Palestine, Armenia and Nicaragua. Ms. Lee has also established agency and other distribution channels and structured and negotiated multi-million dollar sales and services agreements for the provision of fiber optic equipment, satellite capacity and teleport, VSAT and managed network services in her position as in-house counsel at both CIENA Corporation and COMSAT Corporation (predecessor to Lockheed Martin Global Telecommunications).
Ms. Lee received her B.A. from the University of Virginia and earned her J.D. cum laude from American University, Washington College of Law. She is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia (inactive).
Honors and Awards
- 2021 Airfinance Journal: Europe Deal of the Year – Turkish Airlines/EXIM Bank French Lease
- 2019 Airline Economics: Deal of the Year for Innovation – Virgin Atlantic Airways/Aviation Capital Group (Aircraft Financing Solutions)/Apple Bank for Savings
- 2012 Airfinance Journal: Africa Deal of the Year – Ethiopian Airlines
- 2012 Trade Finance Magazine: Deal of the Year – Ethiopian Airlines
- 2010 Jane’s Transport Finance: African Aircraft Debt Deal of the Year – Ethiopian Airlines
- 2008 Airfinance Journal: Latin America Deal of the Year – TAM Linhas Aéreas S.A.
Bok S. Lee