Our firm has represented the Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) on numerous aviation financing transactions. In this capacity, we acted as deal counsel in each transaction. We were responsible for the drafting and negotiation of transaction documents, selection of and coordination with local counsel, review and collection of conditions precedent requirements, and management of security filings and aircraft registrations in all relevant jurisdictions.
Through our strategic alliance with Mexico City-based SAI Derecho & Economía, S.C. (SAI), we have expanded our aviation practice into Mexico through SAI’s well-established full service law firm.
We have worked on a number of transactions involving the operation and registration of aircraft and security interests in the United States and in the following jurisdictions:
In addition, our representation of Ex-Im Bank has been recognized with multiple awards by leading publications in the industry:
- 2022 European Supported Finance Deal of the Year from Airline Economics for the first EXIM Bank-guaranteed loan facility covering pre-delivery payment obligations of SunExpress.
- 2021 Europe Deal of the Year from Airfinance Journal for the French lease structured EXIM Bank-guaranteed financing of nine Boeing 737 MAX aircraft and three GEnx spare engines for Turkish Airlines.
- 2016 Export Credit Deal of the Year award from Airfinance Journal for the French lease structured Ex-Im Bank guaranteed financing of Boeing 737 aircraft purchased by SunExpress.
- 2012 South America Deal of the Year award from Airfinance Journal for the purchase of engine overhaul services by GOL Linhas Aereas S.A. financed through the direct issuance of Ex-Im Bank-backed bonds.
- 2012 Deal of the Year award from Trade Finance Magazine for the guaranteed financing of ten Boeing 787 (Dreamliner) aircraft for Ethiopian Airlines Enterprise.
- 2012 Africa Deal of the Year from Airfinance Journal for the guaranteed financing of ten Boeing 787 (Dreamliner) aircraft for Ethiopian Airlines Enterprise.
- 2010 African Aircraft Debt Deal of the Year award from Jane’s Transport Finance for the guaranteed financing of five Boeing 777 aircraft for Ethiopian Airlines Enterprise.
- 2008 Latin America Deal of the Year award from Airfinance Journal for the guaranteed financing of four Boeing 777 aircraft for Tam Linhas Aereas S.A.
We also acted as lender’s counsel on an Aviation Capital Group (Aircraft Financing Solutions)-supported financing for one Airbus Model A350-1000 for Virgin Atlantic Airways which was named 2019 Deal of the Year for Innovation by Airline Economics.
Our firm was selected by Chambers and Partners to author the USA chapter of the 2022 Chambers Aviation Finance & Leasing Global Practice Guide.
Geraldine Mataka, Bok Lee, and Mariano Gomezperalta have been recognized by Who’s Who Legal: Transport as leaders in the field of aviation finance.